Skip to main content

Ecosia

This month I discovered Ecosia. Through Aileen Xu of Lavandaire on Youtube. And I'm very impress with this site. Ecosia is a search engine. Where you can plant trees while you search the web. Amazing right? I beth you are amazed too. But how can this be possible? It's simply easy, here's how.

1. You search the web with Ecosia.
2. Search ads generate income for Ecosia.
3. Then Ecosia use the income to plan trees.

Ecosia was found in 2009. And it has a transparency page on there website. They post monthly about this updates.

Learning about Ecosia this month is very timely. Because one of my concerns this month is the environment. This month I did some tidying on my file of paper. And I sort them and put the recyclables in a box. And when I filed a good amount I will give it to the lady who collects them in our place, so she can have some money. Accumulating this file of stuff is a eco concern. The proper waste management is need. Last year was the time when I discover veganism and its good benefits our body to environment. I started incorporating the mindful habits of using products and supporting brands that do good acts.

Did you know you need a number of trees so the that the bad air that your car produces will be exchange in the good air the we breaths. Growing up that is on of my biggest concern. That's why having a car will always be one of the last on my wish list. I know that I wanted to do something environmental acts and tree planting is one of them. Now it's possible with Ecoasia.

"We believe it your power to do good."

As this tag line says, I always believe that any one has the power to do good. I also believe that when it comes to anything related to nature we always need to work hand and hand. I know I'm late with learning about Ecosia but my goal is to share and reach out more people. This means more number of people will use Ecosia, more trees can be planted.

So now here is my challenge for you.
1. I think you can help me spread the word when you start with yourself. Start using Ecosia and you'll feel how cool it is to help.
2. Share this post to every one you know so they'll  know about Ecosia. You can share it on your social media so more people can direct link on the site.
3. The main goal of this challenge for you to let one person know about Ecosia and made them start using it because it's amazingly cool! Just one person that will make a change.

If you accept this challenge tag on social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter). You can also DM me. Show me how many trees have you planted. At the end of year 2018 I will make an update on how many trees I planted. So, can you join me with this? Comment below if you are game for the challenge.

You will see how much trees you planted on the top right side of the website. There is small icon of a tree that counts how many trees you planted.

Visit Ecosia for more info. They got great graphics that will help you learn more about the organization.
Website: ecoasia.org
Instagram: @ecoasiaorg

Photos are from ecoasia.org.



Romcie xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome 2018

Happy New Year friends! This will be my first blog entry for this year. Time flies right? How is your year going so far? I am very excited for this year 2018. Which is amazing! I never felt this way before. I think this is the effect of my self development from the past years. I learn so many things and I want to share them with you.  I'm ready to share the things that made me a happy person now a days. I have big plans for this year. And if you do too, follow this blog so you will see my progress. I also want to meet new friends here on the blog. So make sure to comment on my post so I can see who reads my blog. The future blog post will me more on the self development side. But this will not limit the scope of topics here on the blog. Have a brave and meaningful new year friends! Romcie xo

Welcome 2019: 2nd Blog Anniversary

Hi friends! How are you? Welcome to 2019. My blog anniversary has pass this January 16. It's been two years since I launch this blog. Though I only wrote to blog post last year. This won't stop me from blogging this year. Infact I think there will be a lot of blog post in the future. As I decided to get back to blogging and posting on the regular. Because this is one of my goals this year. You will know more of my 2019 goal in my future posts. I have so many plans for 2019 and I'm excited to share them with you. So subscribe to my blog and you won't miss out. In 2018, I been active to the Instagram stories. It is where I share my life update, the things I'm interested in and my travels. Follow me on Instagram where you can see on time updates from we. It's also the platform where I see myself active, still in the following years. Live a comment with your Instagram below. So we can check them out. Romcie xo Instagram: @romcie

First Blog Anniversary

Happy New Years Everyone! Today marks the first years anniversary of my blog. And this will be my first blog post for this year. So looking back from the day when I launch this blog, it was five years in the making. Can you believe that? It took me that long to get back to blogging. I already started a blog before but after of two years on preparing, writing and  editing blog post. I end up not updating my blog. Because there was the time when I was so busy and I thought that I'll need to give up blogging and work on the other side of my life. Past forward to last years 2016, I know that I really what to blog again. Because it make me happy when ever I publish a blog post. January 2017 I launched this blog. Before that I was already preparing to launch this blog. I what this blog to be perfect for my come back. But as I work on this and things happen to my life I learn to not stress on the things that don't go my way. Don't delay things because life does not go the way we